One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A foreleg cut of pork or bacon.
- ‘There is the ominous possibility this was just a forehock.’
- ‘Gammon is the leanest but costs more, while collar and forehock are more economical.’
- ‘Suitable joints are gammon cut, collar and ribs, back and forehock, all of which should be cooked on a slow simmer at 20 min/lb plus 20 mins in a large covered pan.’
- ‘I shall also be boring and traditional and do a forehock with loads of cider gravy on Xmas Eve, to supply the ham for Boxing Day cold cuts.’
- ‘Theoretical studies on the frequency content of the forehocks compared to the main and after shocks have been inconclusive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.