One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A foreleg cut of pork or bacon.
- ‘I shall also be boring and traditional and do a forehock with loads of cider gravy on Xmas Eve, to supply the ham for Boxing Day cold cuts.’
- ‘Gammon is the leanest but costs more, while collar and forehock are more economical.’
- ‘There is the ominous possibility this was just a forehock.’
- ‘Theoretical studies on the frequency content of the forehocks compared to the main and after shocks have been inconclusive.’
- ‘Suitable joints are gammon cut, collar and ribs, back and forehock, all of which should be cooked on a slow simmer at 20 min/lb plus 20 mins in a large covered pan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.