One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One generation, however, owes very little to its foregoers of the material wealth it enjoys.’
- ‘Some have become foregoers in their academic research fields in the colleges and universities of the provinces.’
- ‘The foregoer of a mill was a quern, first moved by the power of water and later by the power of wind.’
- ‘He is one of the foregoers of modern helicopter technology and sees an especially bright future for tilt rotor designs.’
- ‘And at the top of the site is the Sacred Space, it's stone circle being a modern construction, and yet perhaps it has already seen as much celebration and ceremony as some of its foregoers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.