One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A part of a system of sand dunes on the side nearest to the sea.
- ‘In addition, modern and Holocene sediments were collected from an embayment fill succession, comprising a series of relict foredunes at Longbeach, Guichen Bay.’
- ‘Seabeach amaranth typically occurs on sparsely vegetated areas such as interdunal flats, overwash flats, lower foredunes, and points of non-eroding beaches.’
- ‘Recycling, fencing and transplanting will encourage growth of new foredunes over buried structures.’
- ‘He was nearly up to the foredune when he landed it, and as the water ran back down the steep part of the beach I could see it was a small shark he'd hooked.’
- ‘The plants' slender blades catch sand blowing inland and settle it into an ever taller foredune.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.