One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Her political rise has rightly been a source of pride for many Britons of West Indian ancestry, and her combination of forcefulness and grace is proving a major advantage in the tricky negotiations inevitable in her new post.’
- ‘Her songs are tough and earthy, hating mere prettiness when fieriness or forcefulness are required.’
- ‘The forcefulness of these policies is a measure of the degree to which the US government is the exclusive tool of American corporate boardrooms, oil company boardrooms most especially.’
- ‘I know he wouldn't hurt me but his forcefulness and determination to win was getting annoying.’
- ‘The art impresses with its vitality and forcefulness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.