One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Her songs are tough and earthy, hating mere prettiness when fieriness or forcefulness are required.’
- ‘The forcefulness of these policies is a measure of the degree to which the US government is the exclusive tool of American corporate boardrooms, oil company boardrooms most especially.’
- ‘Her political rise has rightly been a source of pride for many Britons of West Indian ancestry, and her combination of forcefulness and grace is proving a major advantage in the tricky negotiations inevitable in her new post.’
- ‘The art impresses with its vitality and forcefulness.’
- ‘I know he wouldn't hurt me but his forcefulness and determination to win was getting annoying.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.