One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Intended to be seen by a particular person or group of people only; confidential.‘a secret coded message for your eyes only’
- ‘The other universities provide their doctoral examining criteria in the form of a pro forma for examiners' eyes only.’
- ‘She wished she could write for her eyes only for the rest of her life.’
- ‘Only you should be able to decrypt data intended for your eyes only.’
- ‘The manager wrote a "for your eyes only" letter to the mayor.’
- ‘The computers and servers in which I store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment and are password protected for my eyes only.’
- ‘The public defender's information is for their eyes only.’
- ‘He acts as if my original piece was for his eyes only.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.