One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
For now.‘I decided that, for the moment, I'd keep quiet’
for now, for the moment, for the present, in the interim, for the nonce, for the meantime, in the meantime, in the meanwhileView synonyms
- ‘In town there is, for the moment, nothing for me or any honest man to do.’
- ‘I hope he will be able to work with me again in the future but I think he is to busy with his music for the moment.’
- ‘I've done all the concentrated philosophical reading I need to do for the moment.’
- ‘Whatever the truth of that it seems likely that, for the moment, the spending settlement will stick.’
- ‘However, in general it's so far OK as drama goes, and I'll stick with it for the moment.’
- ‘For the moment, he's happy to be at home with his parents in London and his dog Molly.’
- ‘It is my opinion that, for the moment, they will not be enticed into the institution.’
- ‘I will dismiss the silliness of the notion for the moment, and run with the premise.’
- ‘I have not done it up properly yet and there are many words missing, but it will do for the moment.’
- ‘There was, if such a thing is possible, a kind of awkward grace that he exhibited that was perfect for the moment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.