One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without doubt.‘I can't say for sure what Giles really wanted’
definitely, surely, certainly, without doubt, without question, beyond any doubt, undoubtedly, indubitably, positively, absolutely, undeniably, unmistakablyView synonyms
- ‘It's a commitment, for sure, but one that I hope you agree was definitely worth it in the end.’
- ‘It may not do anything for my friend's mood, but it will make me feel a whole lot better, that's for sure.’
- ‘All we know for sure is that he seems to enjoy some sort of position of authority at the bar.’
- ‘Whether that is a problem of this production or whether of the opera itself I can't say for sure.’
- ‘Cheerful in a different way, for sure, but I still have plenty to be cheery about.’
- ‘A blog satisfies this for sure and is the best solution for me to write nearly every day.’
- ‘No one knows for sure the exact position in 50 years' time, as no one has a crystal ball.’
- ‘One thing was for sure, this pump would not be working by the time I got there.’
- ‘The one thing for sure is that he's not doing it for the sake of doing us a favour.’
- ‘It occurs to me that they're all a bunch of freaks, but it was hard to tell for sure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.