One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Available to be rented.‘I do have a room for rent’
- ‘Who said one could find actual houses for rent to westerners for under 200,000 in central Tokyo?’
- ‘With cabins, unlike condos or houses for rent, there are packages that accommodate specific recreational activities.’
- ‘The Custom House Studios in Westport currently has a studio for rent for the long term.’
- ‘This, of course, means you have to pay to enter and the tranquil area has a definite touristy feel with kayaks and other water toys for rent.’
- ‘Landlords argue this would result in either fewer properties for rent, or higher rents at all levels of the rental market to offset the risk posed by troublesome tenants.’
- ‘Army and police guns go missing at intervals to be added to the stock of illegal weapons making the rounds - there is said to be a readily available supply of guns for rent.’
- ‘There is but one hotel on the island and only a handful of private villas and apartments for rent.’
- ‘However, most Florida villas that are for rent in the Orlando area come with their own private swimming pools and often Jacuzzis as well.’
- ‘There are condos for rent on the island as well as houses priced to fit any budget.’
- ‘He had enough to get them a taxi at least and having spoken to the landlady earlier, she had told him there was an extra room on the second floor for rent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.