One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In my opinion or judgement.‘for my money, they're one of the best bands around’
in my opinion, to my mind, in my view, as i see it, to my way of thinking, according to my way of thinking, from my standpoint, personally, in my estimation, in my judgement, in my book, if you ask meView synonyms
- ‘Still, for my money, the champions are a decent bet to prevail.’
- ‘It is, for my money, one of the best screenplays of the past decade, with passages that always produce a smile on my face or a look of amazement in my eyes.’
- ‘It's always difficult to resist the pull of a better-known attraction, but for my money, there's no competition.’
- ‘His famous novel begins with a couple of paragraphs which, for my money, constitute the most mesmerising start of any novel ever written.’
- ‘Now, for my money, Scott's pretty clearly about as guilty as sin.’
- ‘‘There could have been more running and jumping for my money,’ he says, laughing.’
- ‘‘For my money, he is one of the best centre-halves in England,’ said Melrose.’
- ‘But for my money, this short sojourn confirmed for me once again that cruising boaters are a most interesting lot.’
- ‘He is the complete back row forward and for my money, is the best forward in the world game.’
- ‘The best thing about the site, for my money, is that I've managed to avoid having any photographic likeness of myself included anywhere on it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.