One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In addition to what has already been done or said.‘he added a couple of chillies for good measure’
as a bonus, as an extra, into the bargain, to boot, in addition, besides, as wellView synonyms
- ‘I crossed my fingers underneath the table, and my legs too for good measure.’
- ‘All the major hits are here with a couple of new tracks thrown in for good measure.’
- ‘Some have even thrown insurance into the mix for good measure.’
- ‘Could I have a copy of your report just for good measure?’
- ‘He didn't let the weakness last long; he shoved me again for good measure.’
- ‘He had on his hunting clothes but he added a cloak for good measure.’
- ‘I scrawled the word on the board and underlined it twice for good measure.’
- ‘Haley rolls her eyes and splashes him one more time for good measure.’
- ‘There's even some romance thrown in for good measure.’
- ‘A cash bonus of £25 is being offered to those who open an account online and free annual travel insurance is thrown in for good measure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.