One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Available to be hired.
- ‘Laptops, other office equipment and a meeting room are all available for hire and the meeting room is free for the first two hours.’
- ‘An echo sounder is pretty well essential to find water of the correct depth, and Anders has a good stock of them available for hire.’
- ‘The hall is available for hire at a very reasonable price.’
- ‘Jewellery, including pearls and tiaras, is available for hire or purchase.’
- ‘The carriages are also available for hire for events such as weddings.’
- ‘The kitchen and grill area are available for hire by tenants.’
- ‘It's hard to remember a time when so many worthy coaching candidates have been available for hire.’
- ‘The community centre is also available for hire for private functions such as birthday parties and barbecues.’
- ‘Private Taxis are also available for hire between Jammu and Katra.’
- ‘Mr Rekshop would like it known that he is available for hire as a deejay.’
- ‘Several of the old houses have been restored and are now available for hire.’
- ‘The CCI also cited examples in the US where off-duty police are available for hire by businesses.’
- ‘Start by letting all your neighbors and parents' friends know you're available for hire.’
- ‘The castle is being turned over to the corporate entertainment business and is available for hire - at a price of course.’
- ‘Buzz is available for hire at children's parties, hen nights and even stag nights, although his exact role in the latter is unclear.’
- ‘The hall is available for hire for various activities.’
- ‘The fact is that these old symbols are available for hire.’
- ‘The sports hall and conference room are available to the public for hire.’
- ‘The MCR Hall is available for hire over the coming summer months.’
- ‘If you do not have a stroller, they are available for hire at the entrance to the parks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.