One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Outer coverings for the feet, such as shoes, boots, and sandals.
- ‘As far as developing your own brand of footwear, it's also a much heavier investment.’
- ‘Any footwear which is kept in place by two toes should be condemned.’
- ‘Some years ago, in many countries, children's feet and footwear were x-rayed regularly.’
- ‘It was a waste of a good pair of shoes and nothing gets under my skin more than ill-used footwear.’
- ‘An Afghan boy came to look curiously at my sports shoes, footwear Afghan women never wear.’
- ‘For instance, in the United States demand peaks for footwear are in the first and third quarters.’
- ‘It came along about the same time as this whole retro, cleaner footwear emerged.’
- ‘Proper footwear and a good pair of sandals with exposed toes, but no heel strap, is recommended.’
- ‘He found one man without any boots and asked him what had happened to his footwear.’
- ‘Faced with a wide range in footwear, the shoe we pick touches us in some way.’
- ‘Women like me who arrived in kitten heels need sensible footwear and no one wants to smell bad.’
- ‘Sneakers are a good choice of footwear and walk with lots of drinking water!’
- ‘Einstein himself would have been sent home to change, sandals without socks being his default footwear.’
- ‘I am very particular about my footwear, and actually feel embarrassed by these shoes.’
- ‘The club advises that suitable clothing and footwear should be worn and rain proofs brought along.’
- ‘It will weatherproof footwear, safeguard wounds, and soothe chapped lips.’
- ‘As an Italian, she held strong opinions on stylish footwear, and pulled a face at my shoes.’
- ‘He was only a little bit taller now, around six feet if one didn't count his footwear.’
- ‘When you start getting soggy feet, you know it's time to bin your footwear and get another pair.’
- ‘They are the timeless sneakers: relaxed footwear that is effortlessly stylish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.