One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Aboriginal English) travel on foot.‘he footwalked overland from the Daly River to Darwin’
- ‘There were a lot of old tin-scratchers footwalking up to Georgetown.’
- ‘His family were one of the first groups to attempt to footwalk across the uninhabited desert which separated them from the settlement.’
- ‘They footwalked all the way to the Aboriginal settlement of Lajamanu.’
- ‘He sometimes rode but his preference was to footwalk.’
- ‘She footwalked across hundreds, if not thousands, of kilometres.’
- ‘He used to footwalk along the track.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.