One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjectiveScottish, Northern Irish
Complicated or awkward to do or use.‘a lot of the work was quite footery’
- ‘I've always found making footery things quite therapeutic but they are clearly a wet day play activity, not a summer's day pastime.’
- ‘They are awfully footery contraptions to build.’
- ‘It was just a wee footery job.’
- ‘He struggles to get to grips with the footery challenge.’
- ‘It'll be a footery job with the carving, mind, but I've got the tools.’
- ‘He is doing something footery because he's cursing and mumbling to himself.’
1920s: from footer + -y.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.