Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1An act of washing one's feet.
- ‘Nails are optional and if offered should be high-end nail services like a spa pedicure with foot mask, massage, exfoliation and footbath.’
- ‘The whole procedure started with a footbath in nicely scented herbs.’
- ‘For a relaxing footbath combine 2 Oranges sliced in rings, a cup of baby oil and a cup of Epsom salt or sea salt.’
- ‘Pamper your tired feet with a luxurious footbath.’
- ‘Money is also needed to create and improve footbaths and boardwalks and to erect interpretation boards.’
- ‘When I had ingrown toenails removed, I had to soak my feet in an Epsom salts footbath twice a day.’
- ‘It advised members to continue the disease control effort with footbaths and other disinfectant materials at their premises.’
- ‘A warm footbath and massage to the upper back, shoulders and neck will often help.’
- ‘Many Co-op and veterinary stores also supply foam mats specifically for footbaths.’
- 1.1A small shallow bowl used for washing one's feet.
- ‘The solution is a cup of Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) to a footbath or dishpan full of warm water.’
- ‘All vehicles are being equipped with a suitable disinfectant, plus a footbath, brush and sprayers.’
- ‘For those of you who enjoy a lot of walking, give your feet a quick soak in a footbath using geranium essential oil before you set out.’
- ‘Examples of all three types of footbaths are well represented in public and private collections.’
- ‘The way is rock-strewn and bare, with tarns the size of footbaths.’
- ‘Each spa cottage features a private sauna, still pool, whirlpool, and footbath as well a solarium and a water bed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.