One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instructor or trainer in football.‘his ambition was to be a top-class football coach’
- ‘He ran through the exam rules like a football coach barking at a bunch of unruly adolescents.’
- ‘He looks at the situation like a football coach of a former powerhouse team fighting to regain respect.’
- ‘A good football coach is not necessarily a born leader.’
- ‘He has been named head football coach at the high school.’
- ‘Study the leadership secrets of an extraordinary high-school football coach.’
- ‘He is an abrasive former football coach with a hillbilly upbringing.’
- ‘Rockne, the Notre Dame football coach, popularized the forward pass in 1913.’
- ‘Either the football coach or an athletic trainer initiated the injury report.’
- ‘She shouted, her arms crossed like a football coach, a sure sign of an imminent scolding.’
- ‘I have similar doubts about coaches making the leadership tour—especially football coaches.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.