Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The radio station has also started playing jingles, advising commuters not to cross the tracks but rather use the foot overbridges.’
- ‘After Darling is East Malvern, with its large concrete foot overbridge.’
- ‘The city's only public foot overbridge in Gandhinagar is underutilised.’
- ‘Please for heaven's sake, use only the railway foot overbridge to get across the track, the appeal went.’
- ‘Separate pedestrian phase in traffic signals, raised footpaths and foot overbridges are needed in the city.’
- ‘An underpass has fewer steps compared to foot overbridges, but costs more.’
- ‘The main requirement is to provide these categories of road users with adequate facilities like proper footpaths, zebra crossings, foot overbridges, subways and also dedicated cycle tracks.’
- ‘The policehave been cleaning subways to make them more walkable and are even planning lift-operated foot overbridges.’
- ‘Only solution: Foot overbridges may bail out pedestrians’
- ‘Foot overbridges cost less, but are more difficult to use.’
- ‘Seven foot overbridges planned.’
- ‘On why Bangalore can't have more foot overbridges, the authorities have a lame excuse.’
- ‘Foot overbridges constructed in the city are hardly used.’
- ‘There are apprehensions about pedestrians' willingness to use the foot overbridges.’
- ‘Foot overbridges may bail out pedestrians’
- ‘With traffic intersections allowing just 12 seconds for the pedestrian to cross the road, the solution perhaps lies in foot overbridges and underpasses.’
- ‘It took up seven foot overbridges in the first stage, and "they will be ready in eight months," technical advisor R. Jayaprasad says.’
- ‘Since important junctions are difficult to cross because of high traffic, experts vouch for foot overbridges.’
- ‘Though she always used foot overbridge to cross the track, only once did she dart across the track, which ended her life.’
- ‘We have planned a foot overbridge with an escalator as an experiment, " the corporation said.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.