One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A contagious viral disease of cattle and sheep, causing ulceration of the hoofs and around the mouth.
- ‘Those tempted to scoff would do well to remember mad cow and foot-and-mouth disease.’
- ‘As infections go, mad cow disease and foot-and-mouth disease don't have much in common.’
- ‘It remains to be seen if recent experience with BSE and foot-and-mouth disease will change the climate for real reform.’
- ‘It is important that it be able to act in a timely manner if there are problems to do with scrapie, mad cow disease, or foot-and-mouth disease.’
- ‘What if a feedlot were implanted with the virus causing foot-and-mouth disease, anthrax, or Mad Cow disease?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.