One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lack of good sense or judgement; stupidity.‘she was realizing the foolishness of her actions’
folly, foolhardiness, stupidity, idiocy, imbecility, silliness, inanity, lunacy, madness, rashness, recklessness, imprudence, injudiciousness, lack of caution, lack of foresight, lack of sense, irrationality, illogicality, irresponsibility, thoughtlessness, indiscretionView synonyms
- ‘The inevitable thoughts of his foolishness returned to him, no matter, how optimistic he tried to be.’
- ‘She prefers to take her time and to enjoy Harry's foolishness, watching from a distance, and that's exactly what she did.’
- ‘To try to distil it through some intellectual process is foolishness.’
- ‘Galton was confident the figures would confirm his view of popular foolishness.’
- ‘For all its foolishness, though, the Midas myth contains neither death nor destruction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.