One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In an unwise manner; stupidly.‘they were condemned for acting foolishly’‘I foolishly wasted my money’‘foolishly, I decided to give it a go’
stupidly, idiotically, ineptly, inanely, senselessly, unwisely, ill-advisedly, incautiously, indiscreetly, short-sightedlyView synonyms
- ‘I'm actually quite looking forward to being the sober one that can remind them all tomorrow how foolishly they were acting!’
- ‘When we got back to the car, whose top I had foolishly left open, the seats were hot as griddles.’
- ‘I made the mistake of eating too many starters, foolishly thinking I'd still have plenty of room for the main dishes.’
- ‘They were idiotically, youthfully and foolishly in love and enjoying every minute of it.’
- ‘Was she just stupid, or foolishly did she think she could change him?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.