One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural food supplies
A stock of food supplied or available for use.‘the winter was harshly cold and food supplies were almost nonexistent’
- ‘Once a month, she travels two hours by bus to stock up on food supplies in the nearest large city.’
- ‘Americans have lost control over their own food supply.’
- ‘Entrusting our food supply to multinational, vertically integrated corporations increases our vulnerability.’
- ‘Agricultural science has provided the leadership required to meet the demand for an increasing world food supply.’
- ‘Americans enjoy the safest, most abundant food supply on Earth.’
- ‘Most participants completed a questionnaire about their access to adequate food supplies.’
- ‘There is absolutely no safe food supply in our market today.’
- ‘What I decided to do was recreate a food supply.’
- ‘Harder to measure with computer simulations is the perception of danger in the food supply.’
- ‘Abundance, not scarcity, best describes the world's food supply.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.