One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stock of food supplied or available for use.‘the winter was harshly cold and food supplies were almost nonexistent’
- ‘Agricultural science has provided the leadership required to meet the demand for an increasing world food supply.’
- ‘There is absolutely no safe food supply in our market today.’
- ‘What I decided to do was recreate a food supply.’
- ‘Entrusting our food supply to multinational, vertically integrated corporations increases our vulnerability.’
- ‘Harder to measure with computer simulations is the perception of danger in the food supply.’
- ‘Americans enjoy the safest, most abundant food supply on Earth.’
- ‘Most participants completed a questionnaire about their access to adequate food supplies.’
- ‘Abundance, not scarcity, best describes the world's food supply.’
- ‘Americans have lost control over their own food supply.’
- ‘Once a month, she travels two hours by bus to stock up on food supplies in the nearest large city.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.