One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small collection of basic items of food for distribution to those in need.‘the army had been distributing food parcels, clothing and blankets’
- ‘They given away 2,301 food parcels in the past two years.’
- ‘We help more than 100 families with food parcels on a regular basis.’
- ‘A substantial fundraising operation was necessary in order to provide food parcels.’
- ‘Advisers have had to arrange Salvation Army food parcels for families left without enough money to eat.’
- ‘Thanks for the food parcels—they have helped loads.’
- ‘She even shared with them her precious food parcels from America.’
- ‘We have an anonymous centre where the women go for support, counselling, and food parcels.’
- ‘The aircraft remained airborne for a total of 24 hours, dropping 35,000 food parcels.’
- ‘The food will be distributed among the district's less fortunate, who presently receive 150 food parcels a week.’
- ‘Invariably, in all eateries, a chunk of transactions is through food parcels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.