One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large section of a department store, where food is sold.
- ‘Gift wrapping is also taking place at the Designer Outlet Village every day at the entrance to the food hall for gifts bought there.’
- ‘A food hall the size of a rugby pitch, an amusement arcade, a cinema and a shopping complex are among the temporary facilities’
- ‘Then today in town we bought some food at the galleries food hall.’
- ‘By 5pm Lisa had spent a good half hour in the Marks & Spencer's changing rooms, and I'd discovered you can buy duck sandwiches in the food hall.’
- ‘Things I do not recommend include the nasty food hall at Heathrow Terminal Three.’
- ‘I slept till dinner… woke up and went over with Don to the food hall.’
- ‘The Cumbrian Restaurant using local produce and featuring many items available in the food hall will be serving pre-booked meals only.’
- ‘One of the most popular items from the food hall have been mini Christmas pies, which come in batches of 12 for £3.95.’
- ‘Many jobs will be serving refreshments in the massive food hall, which is twice the size of a football pitch and open 24 hours a day.’
- ‘The showfield had been increased in size by almost one-third, while the food hall was now one of the largest in the North West.’
- ‘In the food hall, the joint owner of Kendal's Staff of Life bakery, Julie Thomas, had sold out by mid-morning, apart from a solitary pistachio loaf.’
- ‘In the popular food hall the accent will be on local farm produce.’
- ‘A chef at a luxury food hall said that people come there for things they can't get elsewhere.’
- ‘But what marks the food hall out as a shopping experience is the staff.’
- ‘The gateway facility could eventually include a livestock sales area, pens, parking, retail outlets and a food hall selling local produce.’
- ‘The smell of frying meat drifted out of the food hall where another celebrity chef and author, Clarissa Dickson-Wright, was signing her books.’
- ‘The 27,000 sq ft prefabricated market, with a food hall and two non-food halls, is on the site of an old car park.’
- ‘It included 100 quality shops, a food hall, a 10-screen cinema complex, and extra parking for 1,400 cars.’
- ‘But for some reason, I never ever shop at the food hall at Harvey Nicks.’
- ‘I didn't expect there would be a food hall, but thought they'd have good brand names.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.