Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Something that warrants serious consideration.‘his study certainly provides food for thought’
mental stimulation, mental nourishment, something to think about, something to be seriously consideredView synonyms
- ‘All in all these articles provide much food for thought and reflection.’
- ‘Your article certainly gave me healthy food for thought.’
- ‘Although she had been quickly brought back, the incident would nonetheless provide some food for thought.’
- ‘A wide range of concepts and theories provide scholars with ample food for thought.’
- ‘A recent Security Focus article about US email list brokers provides food for thought.’
- ‘And this recent Reason magazine editorial provides ample food for thought about Raed.’
- ‘And it provides plenty of food for thought for those writers who are wondering what it is that holds readers to the page.’
- ‘I seldom agree with their view of things, but they usually provide food for thought.’
- ‘Though it might not excite the imagination, it certainly provides food for thought.’
- ‘Their comments helped us to clarify our arguments and provided some food for thought.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.