One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Something that warrants serious consideration.‘his study certainly provides food for thought’
mental stimulation, mental nourishment, something to think about, something to be seriously consideredView synonyms
- ‘Their comments helped us to clarify our arguments and provided some food for thought.’
- ‘A wide range of concepts and theories provide scholars with ample food for thought.’
- ‘A recent Security Focus article about US email list brokers provides food for thought.’
- ‘I seldom agree with their view of things, but they usually provide food for thought.’
- ‘All in all these articles provide much food for thought and reflection.’
- ‘Though it might not excite the imagination, it certainly provides food for thought.’
- ‘And this recent Reason magazine editorial provides ample food for thought about Raed.’
- ‘And it provides plenty of food for thought for those writers who are wondering what it is that holds readers to the page.’
- ‘Although she had been quickly brought back, the incident would nonetheless provide some food for thought.’
- ‘Your article certainly gave me healthy food for thought.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.