One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area in a shopping mall where fast-food outlets are located.
- ‘I'm sitting with Mel in the food court at Megamall, and we're eating sizzling meals.’
- ‘I am sitting at a cafe in the food court at Victoria station, typing away on my laptop.’
- ‘I told that to Lindy after we left the costume store and found a table at the food court.’
- ‘They walked to the food court in the mall and took a seat at the coffee shop.’
- ‘We finally reached the food court and there sat Liv, chatting it up with Landrin.’
- ‘We walked together back to the middle of the mall where the food court was located.’
- ‘We took her for supper in the food court and later did some Christmas shopping.’
- ‘I was walking in the food court and someone had spilled some of their water and not bothered to clean it up.’
- ‘As we made our way back to the seating area in the food court we spotted Red and Jimmy.’
- ‘The morning came, the coffee shops in the food court opened, and we were still at it.’
- ‘The teenagers laughed, but they made their way toward the food court nonetheless.’
- ‘The market takes place on Train Street outside the food court at the outlet centre.’
- ‘This was not a normal food court since it did not have a common seating area.’
- ‘They walked to the food court of the mall the shoe store was located in and got something to eat.’
- ‘I turned around to see Carmen waving at me from the food court area.’
- ‘You can just walk from the Nike store to the Arrow outlet and back to the food court in minutes, rain or shine.’
- ‘Jessie linked her arm with Tiff's and they began to walk in the general direction of the food court.’
- ‘Both vehicles were driven round to the food court area where the Range Rover was used to pull a cash machine from the wall.’
- ‘It's the hotel equivalent of a food court in a shopping mall, so there is none of the stiffness of formal restaurants.’
- ‘The food court has three levels and there are restaurants and bars on every level.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.