One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A protruding stomach caused by eating a large quantity of food and supposedly resembling that of a woman in the early stages of pregnancy.‘a very small bump was visible in the tight frock, although it could easily have been mistaken for a food baby’
- ‘I'm the proud mama of a food baby due to tonight's wedding anniversary sushi feast.’
- ‘The days you do feel like you've got a food baby going on, get some exercise and write about what you feel and see if you can find a pattern.’
- ‘I woke up, went downstairs to get in the shower, looked at myself in the mirror and was just horrified at the state of the food baby.’
- ‘Just had the biggest dinner ever!!! Now I have a food baby!’
- ‘I never had trouble getting a seat on the train or bus, even in the early days when my belly could have been just a food baby.’
- ‘You know you haven't eaten enough until you get a food baby!’
- ‘But whether her rounded belly is carrying a food baby or a real one remains a mystery for now.’
- ‘The size 20 jeans I've just bought are the only ones that fit around the food baby and don't look like clown pants around my hips and thighs!’
- ‘The salty caramel milkshake was absolutely delish and left me with a food baby through lunch the next day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.