Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Inflammation of the hair follicles.
- ‘This inflammation of the entire follicle or the deeper portion of the hair follicle (isthmus and below) is called deep folliculitis.’
- ‘Some people develop folliculitis, infected hair follicles.’
- ‘It is unclear whether they are true neoplasms or fibrous reactions to minor trauma, insect bites, viral infections, ruptured cysts, or folliculitis.’
- ‘Gram-negative folliculitis should be suspected if inflammatory acne worsens after several months of oral antibiotic therapy.’
- ‘However, it may also resemble seborrhea or folliculitis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.