One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland which promotes the formation of ova or sperm.
- ‘An elevated follicle-stimulating hormone test may be helpful in diagnosing menopause when the history is unclear.’
- ‘The minimal initial endocrine evaluation should include serum testosterone and serum follicle-stimulating hormone levels.’
- ‘This chemical stimulates the pituitary gland to produce follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone.’
- ‘They will occur even before the onset of irregular periods or before follicle-stimulating hormone levels become elevated.’
- ‘Both luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone were, on average, low.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.