One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Medicine using herbal and other remedies based on traditional beliefs.‘garlic has been used in folk medicine for thousands of years’
- ‘Massage is assumed to have developed from Chinese folk medicine.’
- ‘It's an intriguing mixture of folk medicine, professional medicine, and Roman Catholicism.’
- ‘Chapter 4 describes the history for the use of marijuana in folk medicine.’
- ‘Dogbane is used in folk medicine as a diuretic, insecticide, and cardiac tonic, and for the treatment of haemorrhoids, epilepsy, eczema, and snakebite.’
- ‘The use of plant infusions to cure many different types of diseases is very common in Brazilian folk medicine.’
- ‘For the majority, there remained recourse to the popular healers of folk medicine.’
- ‘Perhaps a systematic examination of the legacy of folk medicine can yield new therapeutic insights.’
- ‘Apitherapy began as a form of folk medicine, and even today, many of the people using it for therapeutic purposes do it themselves.’
- ‘He has approximately 30 people practicing the art of folk medicine in America.’
- ‘North American pioneers are thought to have developed folk medicine by studying the plants sick animals made use of.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.