One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Previous investigators have noted that the folivorous, dusky-footed wood rat brings fresh, green foliage into its stickhouse.’
- ‘Frugivorous lowland gorillas, for example, should both prefer and be more capable of metabolizing ethanol than their more folivorous montane counterparts.’
- ‘Great gerbils are predominantly folivorous rodents that require a large amount of low-calorie food.’
- ‘The New World howler monkey, which has a notably folivorous diet, evolved full trichromaticity independently of Old World primates.’
- ‘Insects from the Molteno are dominated in abundance by blattoids, which are not generally folivorous.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.