One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process of splitting into thin sheets or laminae.
- ‘Both his and our data indicate a main foliation that consistently dips moderately west.’
- ‘The data indicate vertical shortening normal to the mylonitic foliation in the granites.’
- ‘Associated with the folding is an axial planar foliation, which is especially strong at flow unit boundaries.’
- ‘The mylonitic foliation in the hanging wall is subparallel to the thrust plane.’
- ‘Fine-grained biotite, muscovite and recrystallized quartz grains define the shear foliation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.