Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The process of splitting into thin sheets or laminae.
- ‘Associated with the folding is an axial planar foliation, which is especially strong at flow unit boundaries.’
- ‘The data indicate vertical shortening normal to the mylonitic foliation in the granites.’
- ‘Fine-grained biotite, muscovite and recrystallized quartz grains define the shear foliation.’
- ‘Both his and our data indicate a main foliation that consistently dips moderately west.’
- ‘The mylonitic foliation in the hanging wall is subparallel to the thrust plane.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.