Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Nutrients supplied to the leaves of a plant.
- ‘Here at the Natural Gardener, we use John's Recipe as a foliar feed every other week through out the year.’
- ‘I can always see a difference in my roses when I use Monty's joy juice as a foliar feed with my fungicide.’
- ‘I've also given the pepper plants a magnesium foliar feed as one of them has leaves which are turning yellow.’
- ‘Ferrous sulphate applied as a foliar feed works well also, because the leaf uptake portion is quick.’
- ‘I have written about the wonders of using liquid kelp as a foliar feed in my book on growing tomatoes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.