One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Relating to leaves.‘foliar colour and shape’
- ‘The highest rate of B foliar fertilization resulted in leaf burn but had no other evident detrimental effect on plant growth.’
- ‘Apart from the age, light availability may significantly modify foliar and plant allocation traits.’
- ‘These results indicate that stomatal uptake can be a major pathway for the foliar uptake of ionic solutes.’
- ‘The bean leaf beetle, a foliar feeder, has been observed to most affect early planted beans.’
- ‘Dense foliage in irrigated winter wheat may favor development of different foliar and leaf spotting diseases.’
Late 19th century: from modern Latin foliaris, from Latin folium ‘leaf’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.