One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A normal leaf, as opposed to petals and other modified leaves.
- ‘The plants of the second class had in addition one fully developed foliage leaf.’
- ‘My suggestion is that every child of foliage leaf remains independent of its compound/simple phenotype.’
- ‘The long fimbriae of the foliage leaf sheaths also help to distinguish this species from others in southeastern Brazil.’
- ‘Rhizome bracts and culm sheaths are protective and supportive, while foliage leaf blades are responsible for photosynthesis.’
- ‘In the case of the foliage leaf, this scale or undeveloped phyllomes has inherited a specialized ‘dab of meristem’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.