One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A normal leaf, as opposed to petals and other modified leaves.
- ‘My suggestion is that every child of foliage leaf remains independent of its compound/simple phenotype.’
- ‘The long fimbriae of the foliage leaf sheaths also help to distinguish this species from others in southeastern Brazil.’
- ‘In the case of the foliage leaf, this scale or undeveloped phyllomes has inherited a specialized ‘dab of meristem’.’
- ‘The plants of the second class had in addition one fully developed foliage leaf.’
- ‘Rhizome bracts and culm sheaths are protective and supportive, while foliage leaf blades are responsible for photosynthesis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.