One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Money in the form of notes.‘instead of folding money, his wallet was full of newspaper’
cash, hard cash, ready moneyView synonyms
- ‘He disliked Mekki and some of the other 10 pilots he had named; he was paid hundreds of dollars for each false report and he liked the folding money.’
- ‘He wasn't short of folding money.’
- ‘Twenty years ago, my wage was paid weekly in folding money.’
- ‘There are few places in Mexico that congregate so many people with so much folding money in their pockets.’
- ‘‘The simple and irrefutable truth,’ he writes, ‘is that no human being would rather break his back in the cotton field than take in good folding money by making records.’’
- ‘Ben was stunned when the resulting bill came to folding money.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.