One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Suddenly it occurs to you there are worse possibilities out there than having your musical tastes and fashion sense consigned to the junk heap of fogydom.’
- ‘Of course that was 22 years ago and thereafter we sank hopelessly back into old fogydom, but we do remember that high mark.’
- ‘It's not a perception he wants to encourage at the age of 38, which is verging on old fogeydom in the rarefied world of cutting-edge math.’
- ‘‘The soccer was never sold out when I was a kid,’ I said, lunging irrevocably into the world of fogydom the instant the words left my lips.’
- ‘Oh, well, I watch Teletubbies to relax, so no fogeydom in my future.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.