A rope or cable with a suspended handle or pulley by means of which one may slide between two points.
- ‘Stormsriver Adventures Tree top canopy tours differ from all other zip swings, foefie slides and flying foxes in their emphasis.’
- ‘A foefie slide is a flying fox - this one is big and fast - 200m long and 40m high.’
- ‘For the more faint-hearted there is a foefie slide. which goes over the Graskop Gorge, giving one a unique view of the waterfall below.’
- ‘Test your courage with a foefie slide or try the dodgem boats!’
- ‘I've had an eight-year-old who would not go up on the foefie slide but I've also had a three-year-old child going down.’
From Afrikaans foefie ‘stunt, trick’ + slide.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.