One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Producing or consisting of foam; frothy.‘a beach with foamy waves’‘a mug of foamy beer’
frothy, foaming, spumy, bubbly, aerated, bubblingView synonyms
- ‘I happened to have whipped left over, and that makes it foamy, but regular cream will do just fine, too.’
- ‘You'll notice that all the foamy bubbles will disappear from the surface of the soup - that's the sign that it's ready.’
- ‘I was given a can of foamy insulation-type stuff, and told to squirt foam into any holes in the boards in the ceiling.’
- ‘To finish, place over medium heat and add remaining butter; whisk until foamy.’
- ‘In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk or fork until lemon-yellow and foamy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.