One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Producing or consisting of foam; frothy.‘a beach with foamy waves’‘a mug of foamy beer’
frothy, foaming, spumy, bubbly, aerated, bubblingView synonyms
- ‘You'll notice that all the foamy bubbles will disappear from the surface of the soup - that's the sign that it's ready.’
- ‘I was given a can of foamy insulation-type stuff, and told to squirt foam into any holes in the boards in the ceiling.’
- ‘In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk or fork until lemon-yellow and foamy.’
- ‘To finish, place over medium heat and add remaining butter; whisk until foamy.’
- ‘I happened to have whipped left over, and that makes it foamy, but regular cream will do just fine, too.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.