One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Insulating material made from plastic solidified in a lightweight cellular mass.‘most tanks have foam insulation already moulded on’
- ‘Protect all types of foam insulation from direct sunlight.’
- ‘In a short period of time, insect colonies can completely honeycomb foam insulation.’
- ‘Fill gaps with loose fill or expanding foam insulation.’
- ‘In a test on Monday, NASA fired a piece of foam insulation at 500 mph into a wing panel.’
- ‘Insulate the spaces between the boards with one inch of rigid foam insulation, then cover everything with a sheet of plywood.’
- ‘The foam insulation installed 5 to 10 years ago is unlikely to still release formaldehyde.’
- ‘The health implications of old foam insulation are unlikely to be significant.’
- ‘During the 1970s, foam insulation was used to upgrade the energy efficiency of many homes.’
- ‘Fire safety codes require that a gypsum board finish, at least inch thick, be placed over plastic foam insulation.’
- ‘Sandwiched between the two layers is a 4-inch board of extruded polystyrene foam insulation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.