One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very short visit.‘the teenager had a tight schedule on his flying visit to the city he still calls home’
- ‘He is expected to partake in a public interview on a flying visit to Cork on Saturday.’
- ‘They must have been used to such flying visits by foreigners.’
- ‘Despite the setback, she still enjoyed her flying visit to New York.’
- ‘Strong winds on Thursday last blew away a planned flying visit by Kenny.’
- ‘The cabinet minister made a flying visit to the police station yesterday.’
- ‘The islands had a flying visit from a high-powered United Nations official this week.’
- ‘She catches up with the colourful TV cosmetics expert ahead of his flying visit to York next week.’
- ‘The Irish vessel paid a flying visit to the bay earlier in the week to service the lighthouse.’
- ‘The actress told of her crusade against landmines during a flying visit to Cheshire.’
- ‘The nation is behaving like a medieval village, dressing up for the short flying visit of the king, desperately longing for attention.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.