One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very short visit.‘the teenager had a tight schedule on his flying visit to the city he still calls home’
- ‘The actress told of her crusade against landmines during a flying visit to Cheshire.’
- ‘He is expected to partake in a public interview on a flying visit to Cork on Saturday.’
- ‘The cabinet minister made a flying visit to the police station yesterday.’
- ‘Despite the setback, she still enjoyed her flying visit to New York.’
- ‘She catches up with the colourful TV cosmetics expert ahead of his flying visit to York next week.’
- ‘They must have been used to such flying visits by foreigners.’
- ‘Strong winds on Thursday last blew away a planned flying visit by Kenny.’
- ‘The nation is behaving like a medieval village, dressing up for the short flying visit of the king, desperately longing for attention.’
- ‘The Irish vessel paid a flying visit to the bay earlier in the week to service the lighthouse.’
- ‘The islands had a flying visit from a high-powered United Nations official this week.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.