One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small squirrel that has skin joining the fore- and hindlimbs for gliding from tree to tree.See also scaly-tailed squirrel
- ‘An artist's impression illustrates feathered wings, which researchers believe the dinosaur used to glide from tree to tree, much like flying squirrels do today.’
- ‘Besides working on lorises, she has studied ruffed lemurs, flying squirrels, opossums, civets, and several species of bats.’
- ‘There are three basic body forms in squirrels: tree squirrels, ground squirrels and flying squirrels.’
- ‘Everything from saber-toothed carnivores and wolves to flying squirrels and anteaters were produced independently.’
- ‘Capture success (percentage of traps containing squirrels) across the study was highly seasonal for both flying squirrels and red squirrels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.