One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A greenish semi-arboreal SE Asian snake which can glide down from a tree in a stiff horizontal position, with the belly hollowed to slow its descent.
- ‘Join us each day for stories about serpents, from flying snakes to Vietnamese cobras and North American copperheads.’
- ‘Fully grown flying snakes vary in length from 1 to 1.75 m.’
- ‘There are five species of flying snakes, all of the genus Chrysopelea.’
- ‘Like most other snakes, a flying snake is roughly circular in cross section.’
- ‘Like more familiar gliders, such as flying squirrels, flying snakes are not actually able to fly upward.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.