One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A greenish semi-arboreal SE Asian snake that can glide down from a tree in a stiff horizontal position, with the belly hollowed to slow its descent.
Chrysopelea ornata, family Colubridae
- ‘There are five species of flying snakes, all of the genus Chrysopelea.’
- ‘Like most other snakes, a flying snake is roughly circular in cross section.’
- ‘Join us each day for stories about serpents, from flying snakes to Vietnamese cobras and North American copperheads.’
- ‘Like more familiar gliders, such as flying squirrels, flying snakes are not actually able to fly upward.’
- ‘Fully grown flying snakes vary in length from 1 to 1.75 m.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.