Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A greenish semi-arboreal SE Asian snake which can glide down from a tree in a stiff horizontal position, with the belly hollowed to slow its descent.
- ‘Fully grown flying snakes vary in length from 1 to 1.75 m.’
- ‘Like more familiar gliders, such as flying squirrels, flying snakes are not actually able to fly upward.’
- ‘Like most other snakes, a flying snake is roughly circular in cross section.’
- ‘There are five species of flying snakes, all of the genus Chrysopelea.’
- ‘Join us each day for stories about serpents, from flying snakes to Vietnamese cobras and North American copperheads.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.