One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An arboreal SE Asian lizard which has expanding membranes along the sides of the body, used for gliding between trees.
Genus Draco, family Agamidae: several species
- ‘Bru-shon roared to his camp, gesturing to the giant flying lizard.’
- ‘The group ran toward the black flying lizard, as did all the other surrounding ranchers who were toiling in the field.’
- ‘As they grew closer I could see that they were flying lizards.’
- ‘Here's where we also saw a flying lizard zoom from one side of the yard to the other to land on the side of a tree where we could study it through our binoculars.’
- ‘Though only birds, insects, and bats can truly fly, many animals, such as flying squirrels and flying lizards, have evolved wing-like flaps of skin for floating - at least briefly - on air.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.