One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A team of railway maintenance workers.‘he was camped in the railway grounds with the flying gang’
- ‘We were stationed at a little siding and I was on a flying gang.’
- ‘We counted the wages for the crew, plus a flying gang.’
- ‘In the railway's clash and clang, And I worked my way to the end, and I Was the head of the Flying Gang.’
- ‘They used a flying gang for work at trackside since, while cranes were not used, large numbers of men were required simply to lift rails.’
- ‘Each of the sub-sections of between 35 and 40 km will be under the control of a Sub-Inspector and be covered by a Flying Gang of 22 men.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.