One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A concave plastic disc designed for skimming through the air as an outdoor game or amusement.‘rotating your upper body to throw the flying disc helps to improve the flexibility of your spine’
- ‘A popular way to exercise dogs is by throwing a flying disk for them to chase and catch.’
- ‘The modern concept of a recreational flying disc dates back to the 1930s.’
- ‘Individual players throw a flying disc into a basket or at a target.’
- ‘I caught the flying disk in midair with my free hand.’
- ‘If anyone feels like helping, watching or laughing at my incompetence with the flying disc, then please come along.’
- ‘The remote-control machines have to put flying discs into a goal to score points.’
- ‘They were playing catch with flying disks.’
- ‘After your child completes his or her goals they will receive a free flying disc.’
- ‘Wind is always a factor with the flying disk.’
- ‘Why are border collies better at catching a flying disk than humans?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.