Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A movement in riding in which the leading leg in the canter position is changed without loss of speed while the horse is in the air.
- ‘It was a joy to watch her in perfect fluid movement with her horse, performing moves like the half pass, flying change, piaffe and many others.’
- ‘‘Most of the mistakes come because we are too quick with our aids,’ Schumacher said, whether that is in a trot-walk transition or a flying change.’
- ‘The more difficult dressage test caught several riders, with the counter canter to flying change section appearing to cause the most difficulty.’
- ‘The problem was at flying changes, he couldn't turn from left to right but generally he was very relaxed.’
- ‘Pat and Magic continued to wow the crowd with canter half pass to flying change to canter half pass, perfect halts, and trotting backward.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.