One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A movement in riding in which the leading leg in the canter position is changed without loss of speed while the horse is in the air.
- ‘‘Most of the mistakes come because we are too quick with our aids,’ Schumacher said, whether that is in a trot-walk transition or a flying change.’
- ‘The more difficult dressage test caught several riders, with the counter canter to flying change section appearing to cause the most difficulty.’
- ‘It was a joy to watch her in perfect fluid movement with her horse, performing moves like the half pass, flying change, piaffe and many others.’
- ‘Pat and Magic continued to wow the crowd with canter half pass to flying change to canter half pass, perfect halts, and trotting backward.’
- ‘The problem was at flying changes, he couldn't turn from left to right but generally he was very relaxed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.