One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We are fighting back against the litter louts, the illegal fly-tippers and fly-posters and the vandals who deface the city with graffiti.’
- ‘The council has warned all fly-tippers they risk prosecution - along with other ‘environmental criminals’ like fly-posters and litterers.’
- ‘We urge anybody not to tackle fly-tippers but to note the vehicle registration number and report it to the council.’
- ‘Clearing up after fly-tippers costs the Council a lot of time and money each year and we are determined to catch those who do it.’
- ‘But at 5.30 pm the same day the fly-tippers were back filling it up again with beds, doors and carpets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.