One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for stand-off half
- ‘Yarnbury were pegged back into their 22 and the Goole fly half lined up a drop goal attempt.’
- ‘A fine gymnast, cricketer and rugby player, Eric had a Welsh schoolboy trial as a fly half, but had the misfortune to play opposite one of the future Welsh rugby greats.’
- ‘Look at the fly halves who have won World Cups - guys like Stransky, Fox, Lynagh, Wilkinson - they know the game inside out.’
- ‘England may have two fly halves, but they will still have only 15 players on the pitch.’
- ‘In glorious conditions, Sandal moved into an early lead with a drop goal from their fly half.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.