One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for stand-off half
- ‘Yarnbury were pegged back into their 22 and the Goole fly half lined up a drop goal attempt.’
- ‘In glorious conditions, Sandal moved into an early lead with a drop goal from their fly half.’
- ‘Look at the fly halves who have won World Cups - guys like Stransky, Fox, Lynagh, Wilkinson - they know the game inside out.’
- ‘England may have two fly halves, but they will still have only 15 players on the pitch.’
- ‘A fine gymnast, cricketer and rugby player, Eric had a Welsh schoolboy trial as a fly half, but had the misfortune to play opposite one of the future Welsh rugby greats.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.