One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport of fishing using a rod and an artificial fly as bait.
- ‘If you're into saltwater fly-fishing, then add in a 9-10 weight fly outfit and carry weight forward floating and fast sinking lines with plenty of backing capacity.’
- ‘This form of fly-fishing was uncovered when the Czech fishing team joined the international competition scene and baffled the opposition when they won everything in sight with their unconventional approach.’
- ‘Hats, of course, were a key element in defining a fisherperson's on-stream image, imparting a quality of costumed playacting to the sport of fly-fishing.’
- ‘When they talk of fish there they mean salmon and when they talk of fishing they mean fly-fishing.’
- ‘Half of the charm in fly-fishing for salmon is in the method.’
- ‘A growing band of Scottish anglers are pioneering the challenging sport of fly-fishing for pike, that most vicious tyrant of our inland waters.’
- ‘Iceland is one of the world's top fly-fishing destinations, and fly-fishing in Iceland is famously a test of skill, nous, patience and determination.’
- ‘Bass are, to many anglers here, the be-all and end-all of the American freshwater fishing scene - apart from fly-fishing for trout and salmon of course.’
- ‘In regions where trout are indigenous, the sport of fly-fishing is big business as a sporting activity and a tourist attraction.’
- ‘I'm no expert on big game fishing or fly-fishing for salt water fish, or fishing off the Kenya coast, but if you think that I can provide any information please don't hesitate to contact me.’
- ‘While making the movie, Neeson developed a passion for fly-fishing and collecting vintage fishing rods.’
- ‘Our weekend retreats focus on wellness and incorporate counseling, educational services and the sport of fly-fishing to promote mental and physical healing.’
- ‘We liberate the sport of fly-fishing and take you back to the clean and simple basics.’
- ‘In the past decade, the sport of fly-fishing has changed beyond recognition.’
- ‘Heavy caddis and mayfly hatches allow for spectacular dry fly-fishing.’
- ‘Get a copy for that pal of yours who is thinking of taking up fly-fishing, and you'll flog him your old rod the day after.’
- ‘Cost for the informal introduction to fly-fishing is $20 per person, and reservations are required.’
- ‘Apart from the ones trolling ‘brickeen’ and spoon baits, few were fly-fishing.’
- ‘However, for the sort of fly-fishing that I was doing, although a big boat is much more comfortable, and if you work it out on an hourly basis, not much more expensive, it is not always ideal.’
- ‘It probably is the most technical way of fishing, next to fly-fishing, and one needs to persevere with it and not give up when the first outing produces nothing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.