One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Rely on instinct rather than logic or knowledge.‘I was flying by the seat of my pants because I'd never managed anybody before’
- ‘Be prepared and don't fly by the seat of your pants.’
- ‘Many students in the WPI sections I've taught seemed to be flying by the seat of their pants all semester.’
- ‘After finding fame and success you can't just fly by the seat of your pants (when it comes to creativity).’
- ‘Well, ‘something came up’ and they didn't show up, so I was stuck with teaching it, trying to fly by the seat of my pants.’
- ‘Sometimes I feel as if I fly by the seat of my pants when I'm trying to write a chapter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.